I'm in the bathroom in the home of the president of our
association. I flush the tiolet and goddamn it, it overflows.
Gilles is there and he finds a little trap door hidden under a
tile which we can open up to let the water flow. I'm angry
because I just did a little pipi and it's only when I flush that
it overflows.
When we lift the trap door, we see a huge underground system. I
see a ledge about 10 feet down and a baby less than a year old is
crawling on that ledge. I am scandalized. The baby could fall
off any time. It's cold under there, damp and dirty and the baby
is wearing next to nothing. I wonder who's baby it is. I can't
believe it's the president and his wife's. I have to get down
and get the baby, but how? I am scared. There is nothing to
hold on to as I descend. I slide down a pole and reach the baby.
Suddenly, everything changes. I am in a tropical forest and
armies of colorfully dressed peoplesurround me. They are
smiling, laughing. They are very happy. They are Mayans or
Aztecs. I am bewildered.
Previous
Next
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment