I am shovelling snow. On our sidewalk, and on another street. I
am doing the walks on the neighbouring street and thinking I
should shovel my old neighbour's walk instead of doing another
street when I spy a boy watching me. He too is shovelling. I am
not interested so I pretend not to see him and go home. He
discreetly follows me. I sneak behind our house so as to lose
him. When I get to the south side of the house, I see another
guy making passes at a young girl. He becomes more and more
insistant and finally starts to rape the girl. I go after him
with a fan rake and hit him, being careful not to hurt him, but
enough to make him let go of the girl. My adoptive mother stands
on the sidewalk. "Get help", I scream. She cannot hear me. She
just keeps repeating over and over again, "Your father went to
Toronto." She is so happy, she is crying. It is some kind of
promotion I gather.
During that time, the boy has taken a big pine branch and starts
whipping me with all his strenght. So that's how you want to
play the game, is it? I ask myself. I hit back with my rake with
all my strenght.
A group pf Japanese are standing on the boulevard. I call for
help and realize I have nothing to fear. They are all on my
side.
Previous
Next
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment