I am driving with a woman I don't know, in a town I don't know.
I am with my children but I am not their mother. The woman
points out where she worked. She had a white collar job, low on
the pay scale job of which she was quite proud. She then shows
me all the other places where she worked and tells me how she
worked hard and moved up slowly in the world. I am not quite
convinced.
Then, I am in a field with the car, with the children. The field
is more like a meadow. I get out, it is fall. Everything is
gold, rust, maroon. I pick up a small bouquet of everlastings
and am about to return to the car when I spy a big, fierce owl.
Its wings are outspread. I am not sure it has seen me. Then, I
see two baby owls. They are on the ground in the meadow, very
vulnerable. I am excited to have come upon such a sight. I want
to share it with the others but I am conscious that the nmother
owl is watching me and that perhaps I am in danger.
Previous
Next
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment