I am called to go to Fischel's home. He has just died. (Fischel
is my natural father). The family has emptied it out and are
putting everything they don't want in the garage. I am told to
go to the garage and choose whatever I want. It is dirty, dusty,
filthy. My fingers are grey from all the dust. I walk around
thinking perhaps still he left something for me. I search and
search and eventually the only thing I find is a broken piece of
pottery. Inside the piece is a message which talks about my
birth and where it took place. It says I am definitely his
daughter. The message is addressed to Fischel. It is signed by
Dr. Keaton, A friend of Reg, my adoptive father.
I am disappointed. He has left nothing for me, nothing. I leave
the garage and I am on a riverbank. I must go write a Biology
exam. I have not studied for it. I'm not ready for it. I don't
know anything. I go to the bathroom for an hour during the exam
knowing I am procrastinating. I go back to the exam, read it and
know nothing. I am frustrated. I will once again fail an exam.
A twin of mine somehow manages to switch my copy so the exam is
written. I leave the hall and when I get to the door frame,
(which is very high), I jump to touch it. I not only touch it
but my wedding band stays caught on the top of the frame so
without a second's hesitation, I heave myself up on the doorframe
and look like a fantastic basketball player. People are amazed
but some are also angry as it is not the place to be doing such
silly tricks.
I leave the school and direct myself toward the back of Fischel's
house, the one alonf the riverbank.
Previous
Next
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment