Sunday, October 21, 2007

December 15,1988.

I dream of Raynald Jones, our paper boy when I was little. I
haven't seen him since grade 7. He has cancer. His sister
Ginette, who was in my clas, is there and is crying, I have
cancer too, but no one knows. Ginett's entire family arrives and
I see Guy, the older brother, several years older than me. He is
the most handsome man I have ever seen. Long hair, intelligent,
he speaks well. We are all outsidewhen suddenly, we are in a big
field. I see the Challenger, the american space shuttle. in the
sky right above me. It is white. I see the shuttle clearly
When I look ahead of me, I see another spacecrafdt identical to
the Challenger only this one is bright yellow. It is parked in
the field and a bunch of trucks, similar to army tanks filled
with uniformed men come and go in front of the crowd. I am
holding a baby, (not my own), and I nearly get run over, but
these men don't notice a thing. I find them ugly but a girl in
the crowd thinks they are handsome. I hand her the baby because
I decide I want to be noticed by the men and because I will have
more of a chance to be considered attractive if i don't have a
baby in my arms.

Previous
Next

No comments: